Easy Shortbread Cookies
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When it comes to our favorite holiday cookies, sometimes less is more and our easy shortbread cookies prove it. Each batch will be buttery-sweet with that light, crumbly texture no easy shortbread cookie should be without.MORE+LESS-
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
Heat oven to 350° F. In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with spoon. Stir in flour. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened.)
Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- For best results in this recipe, use softened butter. To soften butter, leave at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes. A faster method is to microwave butter in 5 second intervals at 50% (medium) power turning the butter frequently so butter is softened but not melted.
- The dough for these cookies won’t spread during baking, but you’ll know they’re done when they’re set on the edges and lightly golden brown.
- For even more buttery flavor, pair this shortbread cookie recipe with our easy buttercream frosting recipe.
- With these cookies, the possibilities are endless. Dip or drizzle in melted chocolate or caramel sauce or dust lightly with powdered sugar.
- Shortbread cookies can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the freezer for up to twelve months. Thaw covered, in container at room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 2 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- You know what the greatest thing is about shortbread cookies? They’re, like, half butter. Right off the bat, you’ve got a recipe for success. After butter, you just need three more ingredients: powdered sugar, vanilla and flour. You probably have those ingredients in your kitchen at this very moment (something that would come in handy when you’re crazy busy around the holiday season). These cookies are sweet and simple and taste perfect just as they are, but if you did want to add any other ingredients, a little orange zest would be lovely.